Thursday, January 31, 2013

Photos from the Road

Diane Hawkey and I are on our way to Tucson, Arizona for the True Blue Bead Show and I though you might like to see my photos from the road so far.  After 20 hours of driving here are my photos and thoughts.

We drove by Normal, Illinois and figured it was the closest either of us
may ever get to normal. 
This is the very recognizable St. Louis Arch.  As a kid I rode a tiny elevator car
to the top  to look out several window that was only about 8x8 inches in all.
The weather was really dreary yesterday 1/30/13
Only the best locations to purchase gas for us 1/31/13
This was an amazing truck full of stacked bee hives.
Another closer shot of the bee hives and loose bees inside of the net.
Have you met your local cop?
We were driving buy this cop on a very dull drive through
the top of Texas.
 I smiled at him and he pulled us over.
We were like what the heck?
Come to find out he said Diane didn't use her blinker, he
 gave her a warning for improper lane change so we asked
for a photo opp.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! That is too much fun! I was laughing all the way with you. Bees in boxes, Kum & Go (really?!), cop photo op and 'as close to normal as you will get'!? You two are a hoot! Actually, I get the chance to see Miss Diane every year at Bead & Button and I never miss it. Thanks for sharing a bit of your trip. I can't wait to see what else you two get into! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha .... Thanks for the photos.....I actually was pulled over this week...apparently your not allowd to turn your blinker on for two blinks and change your mind and use a different road.....pulls me over and says " how are u doing this evening SIR!!!! ....??? " have u been drinking ??? Lmao....I'm a chic dude....and your asking me??? Anyways stay safe gals....keep us updated....ttfn Lana xox

    ReplyDelete