Friday, March 4, 2011

Glass Heaven aka Ed Hoy's

If you're not a glass artist you may not have heard of Ed Hoy.  It is a glass supplier located in Chicago and is the best biggest artistic glass goodie places I have ever seen. I'm not sure but I think it's about the size of a football field filled with all things glass and specialty stuff to make about anything you would want to out of glass. My friend Jamey Lynn owns a glass supply business called Howaco Glass and about 3 times a year Jamey, Barb and I drive to Chicago to visit and buy glass goodies from Ed Hoy for her store.  If you haven't heard of Howaco Glass please click on the link above and visit her onlin store.  She's a one woman business with a little help from Barb and me every once in a while.  Her prices are some of the best in the business and her shipping is cheap.

Now on to the good stuff, I had my Ipod on me this morning and took some photos of this amazing place.
This just one of the frit isles.
Sheet Glass
A very small section of the 104 glass
To give you an idea of the size of these they are 3 foot long glass rods
Painted glass art

Glass n dicro mask it stands over a foot tall.

2 comments: