Monday, June 9, 2014

Handmade Chasing and Texture Tools

I just got back from Bead & Button in Milwaukee where I took a class from Richard Salley in tool making.  I learned how to turn W1 water hardening stock tool steel into chasing and texturing tools.  They turned out amazing I couldn't have been any happier with the class. There was plenty of time to work and I was able to complete 15 tools including all the twisted handles tempering and hardening so they are ready to use. I hope to take more classes from Richard and if you have a chance look up his work its amazing.
Chasing and texture tools along with a burnishing tool and scribe
Notice the fun twist in the handle

2 comments:

  1. It is so great when you take a class and you end up with amazing "product" and knowledge! I know this because I just took a wire jig class at KIA that was SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! How cool. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous, but so glad that you shared some of your experience with us here!

    ReplyDelete