Friday, May 2, 2014

Air Chased Cuffs

Today I tried air chasing copper pipe into cuffs, it looks a whole lot easier than it really is.  There are a few fold forming and air chasing videos on you tube that give the basics but there's no understanding of what's going on with the metal until you start hammering.  On the first one I didn't get much lift off the bracelet and on the second one I had pleanty. It didn't spread the love across the whole bracelet top so I ended up with more if a defined ridge than I was going for.  All in all it was a very productive day and I learned a lot about moving the metal.  I think it may be time to take Lauren's chasing class at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts so I can learn to get more uniform results.

1 comment:

  1. I see nothing wrong with these bracelets. In fact I love them! I'd say you're well on your way. congrats!

    ReplyDelete