Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tracy's Tangent Tins

Tracy's Tangent Tins $55.00
Here's my first project using those little tins I have been collecting.  Thanks to my friends for helping me with the name, I'm calling them Tracy's Tangent Tins.  Wikipedia says,  igeometry, the tangent line (or simply the tangent)  a plane curve at a given point is the straight line that "just touches" the curve at that point. Informally, it is a line through a pair of infinitely close points on the curve.  A line that will hit a circle only one time and then continues away from the circle to an infinite point. Since I think of travel when I look at these this fit.

Each tin is decorated with a different riveted saying, a tiny compass, a stone
a shell and a sea glass bead.  It all hangs from a 30 inch long ball chain.
They measure 1 3/8" x 3 including the dangles.
The back on these slide open to reveal a space to store your bucket list or other important info. Originally this tin was made with all the parts on what would be considered the front but this made it impossible to slide the lid and the box was unusable. Having an unopenable was just silly, why not just decorate a flat piece of tin, so I gave it my twist and made it work by decorating the back of the box. Recycling tiny tins isn't really anything new it's been going on for years but I think these are kinda special.

I'm not sure why but these were extremely hard to photograph, I think it's because of all the differently angled shinny surfaces, sorry for the not so stellar photography.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, these are fantabulous! I love your sense of adventure and fun mixed together in your pieces.

    ReplyDelete