Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Porthole Necklace

This necklace was meant to be made with a glass cabochon, I didn't have any on hand and really wanted to try this project so I decided to use a domed a beer cap to use instead.  I couldn't be happier with the finished piece.

Porthole Necklace made from a Bell's Beer Cap $20.00
For my second try at this project I dapped a circle I cut from an antique tin.  It's to bad the photo doesn't pick up the texture of the tin because it has a bit of a pebbled feel to it.  The original project 
didn't have anything hanging off the bottom but as you know from past projects it would be like sending something off naked without dangles. This one is held together with rivets instead of the sewing method and the simplicity of it is perfect with the busy tin picture.

Porthole Necklace made from an Antique Tin $20.00

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about rivets the entire time I read that tutorial! I was thinking that a bunch of tube rivets around the outer edge would make it like a porthole effect and then have someplace to dangle! I love that you said it is naked without it. I feel the same way! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rivets and the second necklace is my favorite. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both really fabulous! What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete