Friday, August 26, 2011

Perfection

I don't know about you but I like things to be perfect when I make them.  Is this possible NO... I am human, perfection is just something to strive for.  As a big believer in practice makes perfect I often will make  a dozen or more of one thing just to get the technique down to a science.  I spent today making bezels with copper pipe, brass backs and generic plumbing solder.  These have a look that I just love, it's kind of an old rustic look that can't be accomplished with any other method.  If you are looking to make some of these yourself I can highly recommend Stephanie Lee's Homesteader's Metalsmithing DVD  where she explains all the in's and out's of this type of soldering.  I have these for sale in my etsy store if you are interested in just purchasing them.  If you look at my other posts you will see where I have filled these with resin and other goodies.
Pipe Bezels

Square Pipe Bezel

Diamond Pipe Bezel

3 comments:

  1. These are so cool! And I totally get the quest for perfection. I've had to work on not letting myself get frustrated into quitting too easily when a technique doesn't quite come together immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I also get the perfection thing. Makes me frustrated at times, just have to put it down and then come back later........

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect to me! I love these! I hear you about getting things perfect, it can be so frustrating at times!

    ReplyDelete