Monday, March 16, 2015

Mermaid Tears Necklace

It's been over 5 years since I've made some of these cute little beads and I'm not sure why I waited so long to make them again. They are created off mandrel and are about the size of the end of my pinky, think tiny. I went a little crazy and ended up with over 125 there are 114 on the necklace. 
Here's the whole necklace it's really hard to photograph, it's priced at $150. 
Here it is on, don't mind my freckled neck. 

Here is a close up of a few so you can see the loops, they are all created using frit, clear glass and a pair of tweezers that I made for this purpose.




A few days after the first necklace was made I ended up back at the torch and made another 105 beads and made these little necklaces. I had a naming contest on Facebook and my friend Deb came up with the name Mermaid Tears. 
$20.00 + shipping. 









4 comments:

  1. So cool! I would love more info on how to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the COE of the glass you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is 96 but everything else is 104.

      Delete