Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bead Soup

Tiffany got her bead soup and I can't wait to see what she does with it.  I put a bit of everything I have been doing lately into it so she would have a whole lot of choices.  It's so much fun to see where other folks take my work.  Each piece in the soup I sent was handmade by me from scratch.  The beads really are not showing their colors well here.  They are made out of silver glass and are colors of deep pink, purple and blues.  I think silver glass is the most beautiful glass but it is almost impossible to photograph.
Bead Soup Spring 2013 for Tiffany Smith
All pieces and beads are handmade.

4 comments:

  1. Like the whole bowl of soup but am really intrigued by that chain. Are the silver parts the soldered joints? Sorry if I missed that in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is solder blobs that can be hammered flat or left round like they are here. You didn't miss anything I often use this in my designs but normally hammer them flat.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing the secret! Will have to try this out soon :)

      Delete
  2. It all looks like such fun to design with! I'm sure your bead partner will enjoy! It's especially wonderful that you made everything yourself--that makes it all the more special!

    ReplyDelete