Thursday, November 3, 2011

Copper Clay or Copper Dust

Just when I thought I had it all figured out everything turns to dust.  I was thrilled when my first batch of little round tabs came out of the kiln all beautiful needing just a bit of wire brushing.  The next batch was not so good.  What did I do differently who the heck knows.  After messing with the kiln temp and time the third batch turned out even worse, they turned to dust.  Then it hit me,  I was packing more in my little kiln box than I ever had before so tonight I will try again with fewer pieces on the same ramp schedule that I have used from the start and see if that isn't the problem.

For now these are all that I have gotten out of the kiln worth showing.  I had such high hopes of having some of the other goodies all made up for this weekends shows but no such luck.
Round Tab Necklace $12.00

3 comments:

  1. These are darling! I hope you get the problem solved so you can keep making these sweet tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame! The ones you have here though are really cute! I bet they attract people of all ages too, and will go like hotcakes! Hope you have a graet show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tabs are really cute! I want to try some copper clay but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hope your show is terrific!

    ReplyDelete